Welcome to a new blog feature – Our Beauty Favorites! Once a month, my daughter and I plan to share our favorite health/beauty items. Our new feature may require more frequent “field trips” to places like Ulta and Sephora but we’ll make that sacrifice! 🙂 I thought it would be fun to share favs from both the teen and mom perspective so here are our picks for January.
- Kylie Jenner liquid lipstick in Candy K – I really love it because it is a pinky nude color that goes with anything and it is very long lasting. Even though you can only purchase these online, they ship fast.
- Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Lolita – The color is a super pretty brownish pink that is perfect for the fall/winter. Like the Kylie Jenner lipstick, it is very long lasting and it is a good price if you are looking for something more high-end.
- Mary Kay Undereye Corrector – The applicator for this concealer is easy to use and it blends very well. I also love it because it is light weight as well as long lasting. The other great thing about using Mary Kay is our consultant, Danielle, can help you when you aren’t sure what shade you might need. No more guessing at the store – Danielle can set up a personalized appointment with you where you can try different colors.
- Covergirl Trunaked Eyeshadow Palette in Nudes – The colors are so pretty and they have become a new staple in my beauty routine. They blend amazingly and there is a wide variety of colors that go with any look. We found this palette at Target.
- MQB 5 in 1 Curling Iron Curling Wand Hair Curler Set – It is extremely inexpensive compared to other curling wands and it comes with a super convenient heat protecting glove. My hair is difficult and doesn’t hold curl well, but when I use this wand, the curls stay in all day. It heats up very quickly and there are five other attachments to get a wide variety of curl sizes and shapes.
- Mary Kay CC Cream – I am super picky when it comes to foundation and don’t like anything that feels too heavy or sticky. I love the Mary Kay CC Cream because it covers well, but also moisturizes, contains SPF 15 for sun protection and feels very lightweight.
- Aesthetica Cosmetics Beauty Sponge Blender – The flat edge is perfect for blending Mary Kay Undereye Corrector around the eyes and nose while the rounded end is perfect for applying foundation. It’s also half the price of another popular blending sponge. Love that!
- Smashbox Cover Shot Eye Palette in Golden Hour – I picked this up at on our last trip to Sephora. I love the creamy, golden hues that blend very easily. I also love that they include two larger base shades so I don’t run out before I’ve used all the beautiful accent colors.
- 100% Pure Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream – I first tried this as a sample in Jordan’s monthly Birchbox and loved it! This undereye cream is infused with caffeine from coffee and green tea and provides a boost to tired, puffy morning eyes. Although some reviews comment about the strong smell – I like it. It’s rich and creamy but soaks in quickly.
- Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Styling Cream – This was also a sample from Jordan’s Birchbox that she passed along to me. I can’t find it on their website anymore but it does look like you can order from Amazon (what can you not order from Amazon? 🙂 ) Anyway…my hair is naturally curly and this styling creme does a fantastic job of taming the frizz. I apply a nickel-size amount after toweling drying and can then let my hair air-dry. It has a nice scent too.
Hope you have enjoyed our new feature! Do you have some products you think we would like or should try? Let me know! 🙂